Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia, that develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering, working together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture, to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel software defined radio solutions for applications including surveillance, emitter location, and interference cancellation. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and submarines. Azure also offers innovative signal processing solutions to challenging problems in the realm of radio frequency spectrum awareness.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking a Senior Software/Systems Engineer. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic, growing, cross-functional, and geographically distributed team. This position is located at our facility in Fairfax, Virginia, with occasional overnight travel to our office in Melbourne, Florida and/or other locations as needed to support customer activities. Your future team has worked together to produce the following job description:
The selected candidate will design, develop, modify, evaluate, and test Java applications including application server software and user interfaces supporting signals intelligence, communications and radar systems. The candidate will principally work as a member of a software development team using the Kanban framework in a cloud-based development environment. Duties will include all aspects of software engineering, including requirements analysis and specification, software design, implementation and integration, acceptance testing, and installation. The selected candidate will plan, direct, and/or have technical responsibility for planning and executing tasks, projects, or phases of projects to include customer interface, requirements development, design reviews, technical interchanges, and all aspects of complex hardware/software prototype/product system design, development, integration, demonstration, and evaluation. Candidate may also coordinate the efforts of engineers and technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects and review completion and implementation of systems additions and/or enhancements and recommend corrections in technical application to management.
- US citizenship, due to the nature of the work and contract requirement
- Active DoD SECRET security clearance, due to contract requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or another relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing Java server applications using J2EE, EJB, JDBC, and related technologies
Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Masters’ or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or another relevant field
- Experience with Web-based Java application frameworks and supporting technologies such as WebLogic or JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Minimum of 10 years doing the above with additional experience working with JBOSS containers, Hyperic, Nagios, NiFi, and VMWare vSphere 7.0.
- Experience with WebLogic portal Server development and Installation and configuration of WebLogic/WebSphere
- Familiarity with J2EE design patterns, including Session Facade, DAO, MVC, various Integrated Development Environments IDEs like Eclipse, PL/SQL , RAD
- Experience with security certificates and encryption
- Experience with implementing and integrating user authentication / authorization, Active Directory, LDAP
- Experience with Ansible / Ansible Tower, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant
- Experience with DevOps / DevSecOps practices is a plus
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Artifactory is a plus
- Experience developing and implementing software architectures and user interfaces in Java for real-time embedded systems performing one or more of the following functions: signal detection, geolocation, direction-finding, beamforming, radar or spread-spectrum processing.
- Experience developing and maintaining full stack applications
- Cloud experience and/or certification
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills and record of technical success and high customer satisfaction
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Azure Summit Technology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Azure Summit Technology expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, email@example.com.
Your application was submitted successfully.