Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia, that develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering. We work together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel software defined radio products, innovative signal processing solutions and end-to-end mission payloads and systems for the full range of advanced RF applications including EW, radar, communications and multi-mode RF operations. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and maritime vessels.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic, growing, cross-functional, and geographically distributed team. This position is located at our facility in Fairfax, Virginia, with occasional overnight travel to our office in Melbourne, Florida and/or other locations as needed to support customer activities. Your future team has worked together to produce the following job description:
The selected candidate will be responsible for development, modification, and evaluation of complex signals intelligence, radar, and communications prototype development systems. The candidate will be instrumental in the system engineering associated with developing products during pre-delivery design, integration, and acceptance. Duties will include customer interface, requirements development, design reviews, and technical interchanges, and all aspects of prototype/product system development, test, integration, demonstration, and evaluation.
• US citizenship, due to the nature of the work and contract requirement
• Active DoD SECRET security clearance, due to contract requirement
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or another relevant field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience implementing real-time system architectures for one or more of the following applications: signal detection, geolocation, modulation/demodulation of modern digital communication waveforms, direction-finding, beamforming, adaptive array processing, radar range and Doppler processing, spread-spectrum, and/or MIMO communications
• Minimum 5 years’ experience integrating prototype RF systems for one or more of the following domains: communications, radar, signals intelligence, or electronic warfare
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• Masters’ or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or another relevant field
• Minimum 10 years’ experience designing and integrating prototype and/or production RF mission systems
• Minimum 10 years’ experience leading design and integration of RF mission payloads into manned and/or unmanned airborne platforms
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills and record of success in writing winning proposals and/or achieving follow-on program growth based on technical success and high customer satisfaction
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Azure Summit Technology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Azure Summit Technology expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of the characteristics mentioned above. Improper interference with the ability of other employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application was submitted successfully.